Old 03-05-2006, 09:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y
Stan The Man

Default Hosepipe ban, power washer, water butt, pump - X-post

In article , Bob Eager
wrote:

On Wed, 3 May 2006 09:14:01 UTC, wrote:

David W.E. Roberts wrote:
Hi,

cross posted to gardening and DIY as probably relevant to both :-)

My plans to power wash the flags at the back of my Berkshire property have
been thwarted by the hosepipe ban.

As far as I can tell, power washers don't use that much water.

I heard on the radio that you can actually use a hosepipe and as much
water as you like to clean your patio, but not to water the garden or
wash the car. It was a "isn't this ban stupid" type stories.

Rules vary with water company. Take care.

No they don't. All water compnaies have to abide by the law which is
the Temporary Hosepipe Ban provision in Section 76 of the Water
Industry Act 1991. Using a hosepipe from the mains to drive a pressure
washer for any non-vehicle cleaning purpose is legitimate under a
"hosepipe ban" and none of the water companies say otherwise, nor can
they.