Old 03-05-2006, 08:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y
Bob Eager

Default Hosepipe ban, power washer, water butt, pump - X-post

On Wed, 3 May 2006 20:09:50 UTC, Stan The Man wrote:

No they don't. All water compnaies have to abide by the law which is
the Temporary Hosepipe Ban provision in Section 76 of the Water
Industry Act 1991. Using a hosepipe from the mains to drive a pressure
washer for any non-vehicle cleaning purpose is legitimate under a
"hosepipe ban" and none of the water companies say otherwise

My water company is saying otherwise, at least by omission. And they
call it a 'Total Hosepipe Ban'!

nor can they.

That's useful to know. I checked on their web pages a while ago, and the
headline pages say 'you can't use a hosepipe'. The FAQ mentions nothing
about other usage. I dug deeper and found a copy of the actual
restriction order, and it's as you say.

Thanks.