Old 03-05-2006, 08:24 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening
The Medway Handyman

Default Hosepipe ban, power washer, water butt, pump - X-post

David W.E. Roberts wrote:
Hi,

cross posted to gardening and DIY as probably relevant to both :-)

My plans to power wash the flags at the back of my Berkshire property
have been thwarted by the hosepipe ban.

As far as I can tell, power washers don't use that much water.

So is it feasible to put a pump in a rain water butt to feed water to
the power washer?

Most power washers will suck water from the same level easily. You would
need an in line filter if there is any muck in the butt.

Pumping would work, but you need to keep the pump pressure low. Anything
over 10 bar will goose the inlet valves.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman