Old 04-05-2006, 12:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
KK

Default rainwater butts again

Chris - thanks for this , but does plumbing them together like this mean
that you get low pressure ? Is it better to fill butt1 and overflow to butt2
etc ?

KK

For the OP, I would choose the biggest butt you can get or that will
fit the space available. If you can, get several butts and link them
together as near to the bottom as you can (butt suppliers do linking
kits). Linking them in that way means they all fill to the same level
and you only need one outlet tap.

Inlet =| | | | | |= Alternative inlet
|butt1| |butt2| |butt3|
link link

I find it's amazing how rapidly the levels drop when you are watering
a lot. I have two butts linked as above, and they're only two thirds
full ATM, and it's only the beginning of May. We only had half our
average rainfall last month :-(

--
Chris