Old 04-05-2006, 03:25 PM posted to rec.gardens
Doug Kanter

Default Help Please ( pooling water)

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a small problem with water pooling on the sidewalk in front of
my house. The area is about 3 feet long and sits between two beds. I
thought the problem was that the gutter was dumping right there and was
adding more water than the area could handle, well we rerouted the
water and after a storm last night the puddle was back although the
size had diminished a bit.

I am having work done on the yard right now so it is a good time to do
something. I just had the yard regraded and resodded. I was wondering
if I should put a catch basin in the bed on the lower side of the side
walk and hope that takes care of it.

Any other ideas?

Is the sidewalk cupped in the middle?