Old 04-05-2006, 07:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
david taylor

Default Planting tom seeds direct into ground?

Tomatoes germinate around 65deg.F and they won't grow until your soil
reaches that temperature. They need the start to suceed in these isalnds and
a few plants can be sown in a small pot-it only takes a few days on the
window sill.
Regards
David T.
"Cat(h)" wrote in message
oups.com...

Ron Clark wrote:
On 3 May 2006 08:36:50 -0700, "Cat(h)" wrote this
(or the missive included this):

Thanks for these words of comfort :-) I have visions of starting to
crop around the end of September... just perfect for a marvelous recipe
I have for green tomato relish :-)) Seriously, I have been discouraged
by cold weather and lack of time, but how soon should I have started to
germinate those seeds on window sills to be able to have a decent
summer crop? Am I as late as I think I am?

Probably. Save 3-5 weeks, buy some plants from a garden shed.

Good suggestion. I'll probably do a bit of both, and keep the rest of
the seeds for earlier planting next year.

Cat(h)