Old 15-03-2003, 05:44 PM
Just Me \Koi\

Default how old before koi breed?

Watch to see if they start climbing on top of the plants. Also watch out
for the eggs. Set up buckets for transfer of the eggs and some cover
plants. If you let the eggs stay in your pond, the piggy koi will eat
nearly all of them! If they hatch in your pond, I was told you will have
ammonia spike!

I have removed all my hyacinths that have good eggs on them to a small
container.

--
_______________________________________
"Architecture is the ultimate erotic 'object'."

Bob wrote in message ...
On Sat, 15 Mar 2003 15:03:40 GMT, "Just Me \"Koi\""
wrote:

I experienced the same with my pond. Told a fellow ponder and he came

over.
We found fish eggs all over the pond. Of course the Koi ate most of them

by
the time he came over.

Look in the roots of your Hyacinth or other plants that the fish have

been
attacking recently and you should find eggs if they were spawning.

So far I haven't found any eggs yet ....the chasing just started this
morning only about half are involved the rest seem uninterested
You may see our pond at:

www.gulftel.com/seadogs