Old 05-05-2006, 02:56 AM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

Default Please Critique This Pond Advice

*Note: There are TWO "Koi-Lo's" on this NG*

wrote in message
oups.com...
I agree. All the aquriums I've kept didn't go "out of balance" until I
added too many fish. But with an aquarium you want, or at least most
want, schools of fish because they tend to be the attraction. However,
for my outdoor water garden, plants/flowers are going to be the
attraction not the fish. So I'm only going to add a few [fish] to
control the bugs.

That's what I said when I dug my first pond. Mostly plants and a few
goldfish. Well over the years that changed. We just redid that 800g pond
to better suit our 5 best diamond scale butterfly koi, prettier than any
water plants I ever grew.

There will still be plants and water lilies to help keep the water cool, but
the main attraction will be these beautiful sparkling koi.
--
Koi-Lo....
Frugal ponding since 1995.