Old 05-05-2006, 12:22 AM posted to alt.building.landscape,alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair,alt.landscape
Ken Moiarty

Default Help! Suggestions/advice please for installing posts for yard fence in rocky ground?

"Goedjn" wrote in message
[...]
Find a company that rents tents for large functions, and see
if you can get them to drive your fence-posts with their
pnuematic tent-stake drivers? Those things hit hard enough
to mushroom the end of #12 rebar.

This approach can be employed with a special hydraulically powered
farm-tractor add-on device, that shoots cone-pointed round-posts (or poles)
into the ground. From what I've been told, this method doesn't work with
square posts though. Plus I simply wouldn't be allowed to bring in
machinery the size of a tractor into our small yard since it would severely
damage many of the shrubs, bushes, small trees, flower gardens, trellisses,
arbours, walkways, and extensive other ornamental effects that the lady of
the house has lovingly 'toiled' a long time to develop.

Ken