Old 15-03-2003, 06:08 PM
Warren

Default remodeling and people trampling plants

Tsu Dho Nimh wrote:

And talk to the roofing company about the reimbursement for the
damage they have done. They could have been more careful, should
have been more careful, and there are ways of protecting plants.

Check your homeowner's insurance policy to see if it covers damage to
your landscaping. If the roofing company balks at reimbursing you
directly for the damage they did, let them know you'll be filing a claim
with the insurance company, and their people will peruse reimbursement.

It's one thing to trample some bulbs just poking out of the ground that
they had no idea were going to be beautiful flowers. It's an entirely
different thing to assault an azalea, or drive over fragile brick. (As a
matter of fact, if they had cracked your driveway they'd have to pay
damages even though it's someplace intended for driving if they did not
properly assess it's ability to hold the weight. That's why there are
wheelbarrows.)

--
Warren H.

to go outside now.