Old 05-05-2006, 01:58 AM posted to alt.building.landscape,alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair,alt.landscape
Ken Moiarty

Default Help! Suggestions/advice please for installing posts for yard fence in rocky ground?

At one time dynamite wasn't too hard to get a hold of. Back during the
depression, my grandfather was known to use dynamite to fish with (highly
illegal, but this was at a time when people were desperate just to keep from
starving to death). He'd light the fuse of a stick and throw it in the
water... BOOM!!! All the fish in the vicinity killed by the resulting
underwater shock wave, would then float to the top, from where he'd simply
gather them... taking them to feed his otherwise would-be hungry family.

I would imagine that today though, legitimate access to dynamite is much
more tightly monitored and controlled while being restricted to a carefully
licensed and closely regulated professional elite. [I make this comment
merely as a casual "guess", and hence in no way to be taken as informed
opinion, much less, known fact.]

Ken

"Sev" wrote in message
ups.com...
I pose this more as a question than suggestion- dynamite, anyone? I
know farmers used to keep some sticks around the shed for nasty jobs
like this. Don't know what the current laws are on this- obviously
not practical if there are neighbors. Anybody know? Course you'd still
have to drill the bore holes.