Old 04-05-2006, 11:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.rec.sheds
BoyPete

Default Water pump question

Mike wrote:
Do you have an extraction licence?

Mike

No. I have researched this already and provided I use less than a
certain amount af water I don't need one. IIRC this figure is
something like 100 cubic metres per month. This may not be the
correct figure but even if I use the full 45 gallons twice a week it
won't be anywhere near.

-=# Amos E Wolfe #=-

:-))

HAD to flag that one up :-))

Lifting a 10ft head of water is a bit of a problem. I don't think
that any solar powered pump is going to get enough ooommpphh to do it.

You could try a 12 volt battery on a trolly and an Electric Bilge
Pump as used in boats, but the battery would have to be carted back
and forward for charging :-((

I would go for a Whale Gusher Bilge Pump as used in small cruisers and
yachts up to say 40ft which is hand operated. Has the capabilities of
lifting water 10 feet ("I THINK") and would do the job quite quickly.
Pump fixed to a piece of wood with room for your feet either side and
work the chrome handle backwards and forwards :-)) Handle takes out
for easy stowage :-))

Just my idea and thoughts, but someone may come up with something
different.

If you want to go down this avenue, let me know and I will nip over
to some boat chandlers and check some pumps out. Pity you didn't post
yesterday, I had to go to Cowes this morning!!

Mike

Just don't take manufacturers pumping rates as gospel..............they
refer to frightened sailors......BTDTGTTS
--
ßôyþëtë