Old 05-05-2006, 08:26 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC

Default Midge Eater

"Malcolm" wrote in message

In article .com, Ronnie
writes
Has anyone had any experience with these machines. They seem the answer
to a prayer as I live in the West Coast of Scotland. But before I
unlock the padlock on my sporran I would like to know how effective
these are. Running costs etc.

A friend who has one can now sit out in his walled garden of an evening
with little or no problem. However, he wasn't very happy about the rate at
which it used the gas cylinders, reckoning that his running costs were at
least £1.00/day - the manufacturer's recommendation being to leave the
machine on 24/7 rather than just turning it on when he wanted to use the
garden. That was last year. Propane gas cylinders will have increased in
price since just like other fuels.
Malcolm

i always thought that carbon monoxide was poisinous to humans too?
Or are the concentrations so low as not to matter?
Jenny