Old 05-05-2006, 02:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Holmes

Default harvesting rhubarb

"Cat(h)" wrote in message
oups.com...
My rhubarb was purchased as plants in 1.5litre pots (approx) and
planted last Feb 12 months - and to quote one of the regulars here, it
got the complete dead cow treatment at the time, and a further treat of
top mulch with home made compost three weeks ago. This is now its
second season in my garden, and it is absolutely flourishing in a
ginormous kind of way - making my badly located gunnera look like a
prickly alchemilla.... But never mind that.
How soon can I start cropping my rhubarb, and for how long?

Now, and as long as it contiues to produce stalks.

I can't wait to start making rhubarb and ginger jam.

I usually just stew it and eat it from there!

Alan