Old 05-05-2006, 03:36 PM posted to rec.gardens
M.Paul

Default Accugreen 3000 question

I believe that the 3000 is a drop spreader.
I had the same problem when using a fertilizer with too fine of a grain.
Many of the Scotts fertilizer products fall into this category - not much
coarser than powder. When I switched to a fertilizer with more of a
"normal" grain size (eg: 1/8"+) my spreader has always worked much better.

"Virgil Caine" wrote in message
Everytime I use this to spread fertilizer- I feel that the slots are

clogged
by the time I am done. Does this mean the application rate is low towards
the end of the application vs. at the beginning. Please comment.