Old 15-03-2003, 07:32 PM
Allegra

Default Roses from cuttings

"Tim Tompkins" wrote in message

Instead of criticizing the 'despots', see if they will work with you to
expand the public awareness of the wide world of roses.

Tim

I do have very solid reasons to criticize the Despots.
At least the one in Tigard, Oregon.

Last year I was there picking up some river rock
and all of the roses offered were in such state
of abandonment that I actually spoke to the assistant
manager and offered to come and work for free to
take care of the ones that were in such a distress.

My husband was with me and he was appalled at
the sight of RMV in just about every rose, dried
and broken canes, roses stuffed in one gallon pots
that were dried and the soil separating from the
walls of the pot. Plants are living things, he made
a comment that if those were animals instead of
roses the place would have been closed by then
accused of cruel and unusual punishment.
I am not the one endorsing those roses, the ARS is.

And although I left my phone number, and tried
several times to get in touch with the manager to
speak about this issue, I was told he would call
me back and never did. I finally gave up. I don't
buy my roses at the Despot and I can only feel
sorry for those who based on that endorsement,
may do so.

Allegra