Old 05-05-2006, 10:28 PM posted to rec.gardens
Warren

Default When to plant tomatoes.

Bette wrote:
Hi, I am new and just joined your nice group. I was told not to plant
tomatoes until the last full moon in May. We would love to have a
vegatable garden and wonder where and when to start.

If you live in south Texas, you missed the right time. If you live in
North Dakota, it's not time yet. If you live in the southern hemisphere,
it's another 3 to 7 months before the time is right.

The soil needs to be warm enough, and nighttime lows need to be high
enough. It also makes a difference if you're just going to put them in
the ground, or whether you plan to tend to them, doing things like
covering them at night, and whether any mulch is involved. It could vary
depending on the side of your yard you're planting them.

But the only thing you've told us is that you're new to the group. Since
this group is world-wide, there's not a lot we can tell you.

--
Warren H.

to go outside now.

Power Lawncare Tools for Spring Clean-up:
http://www.holzemville.com/mall/blackanddecker/