Old 06-05-2006, 01:55 AM posted to rec.gardens
enigma

Default When to plant tomatoes.

"Bette" wrote in
oups.com:

Hi, I am new and just joined your nice group. I was told
not to plant tomatoes until the last full moon in May.
We would love to have a vegatable garden and wonder where
and when to start.

the last full moon in May? there's usually only one full
moon...
anyway, it depends entirely on your location. i'm in zone 5.
my last frost date is May 11 (the full moon in May is May 13),
so i can put my transplants out after May 11.
of course, i want them to grow faster so i'll build them
little mini greenhouses around thier raised beds & keep them
nice & warm until June. i have little faith in last frost
dates
lee

--
If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the
guise of