Old 06-05-2006, 01:52 PM posted to austin.gardening
Jangchub

Default Get rid of St. Augustine

On Fri, 05 May 2006 19:23:16 GMT, "Mike Harris"
wrote:

"TH" wrote in message
I have a lawn that is tall fescue but my neighbor has some St. Augustine.
The S.A has started encroaching on my lawn and would like to kill the S. A
on my side of the lawn without harming the fescue. Any advice on how to do
this?

TH,

I don't know of an organic way to do this short of actually digging the
stuff out as it encroaches.

That said, St Augustine is sensitive to broadleaf weed killers. A "weed and
feed" product should work fine, if you don't mind going to the Dark Side.

First of all, that's not a very nice thing to do, and it can also kill
trees.

Dig a trench between the two types of turf. Do it in a French curve
way, not a straight line. Go buyyourself some dry stack limestone and
put it where you remove the turf and you should be able to just weed
wack it out of your side.