Old 06-05-2006, 08:56 PM posted to rec.gardens
Tom Randy

Default Good plants for a shady area

On 2006-05-05 13:37:34 -0400, Gill Passman
said:

Hi All,

I'm a newbie here but have been lurking for a few weeks....I'm in the
process of replanting part of my garden - it was ravaged by the dog
over the winter and most of the the plants have been destroyed (along
with the lawn). The dog has now been evicted from this part of the
garden.

The problem that I have is that there are a lot of shaded areas and
trees in the garden and I'm trying to come up with some ideas for
planting other than Hostas...

I'm in the SE of England. The garden is West facing...

TIA
Gill

Astilbe is real nice.