Old 06-05-2006, 05:34 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Ralph Mowery

Default Dog doodoo as lawn fertilizer?

"willshak" wrote in message
I would even think it is, but this is not a troll message.

I have an adult female Golden Retriever that does her business in our
back yard. I usually go out and clear the minefield once or twice a
week, just before mowing, so the dog s**t may stay on the lawn for a few
days.
The s**t, if left there, burns the lawn for about an inch all around the
s**t, but after removal, the grass around the burnt area grows more
rapidly and is a darker green than the rest of the lawn. The areas look
like volcanic craters. The Golden eats only dry dog food.
So it seems that too much dog s**t is bad, but a little is good. Has
anyone ever tried to use a dog s**t formula as a lawn fertilizer?

Just about any kind of animal poop can be used . You just have to adjust
the ammount depending on the animal it comes from.