Old 06-05-2006, 10:53 PM
Dewdrop Dewdrop is offline
Registered User

Question Laying a New Lawn - Not sure About.....

Hi All,

This is my first posting - so I'd just like to say hello to everyone.

I spent last summer re-landscaping my garden and I'm now on the home stretch, which is laying a lawn. The garden isn't huge so the lawn will be small but hopefully perfectly formed!

I have two questions, which are-

1. I've read that it's advisable to put a slow release fertilizer under the turf but when I checked them out in a local garden center today they were all weed killers as well. Which I'm guessing is not what I want. Could anyone advise me what it is I need to buy?
2. The lawn will be more or less circular, measuring (approx) 20 feet across, how do I calculate how much turf I need to buy?

I'd be most grateful for any input.

Thanks!