Old 07-05-2006, 02:30 PM
Plantaganet Plantaganet is offline
Registered User

Location: Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom.
Default Phalaenopsis

Hi,

Last Wednesday I purchased from a garden centre, a Phalaenopsis that was crying out for a little TLC. In the 'Bargain Offer' section, it was reduced in price to 9.99GBP. There are two flower spikes both of which have all the flowers, the only blemish is a slight nick on one of the three leaves. After a good soaking in rain water, it already looks much better. I intend keeping it in my south facing conservatory along with my Vuylstekeara Cambria 'Plush' that was also in need of tlc when I bought it last year.

My question, if I manage to keep my Phalaenopsis alive, when can I expect to see new leaves growing and from what part of the plant do they grow? Since buying my Vuylstekeara it has romped away, doubling in size and at the moment growing a new flower spike. Any cultural advice would be most welcome.

This is my very first posting to GardenBanter, my main horticultural interest is growing carnivorous plants and hopefully a few orchids in a conservatory environment.

Plantaganet