Old 07-05-2006, 11:47 AM posted to aus.gardens
GOW

Default whipper snipper

I have a Husky as well and hate it!
Appart that it is a mongral to start; the line seams to bind together in the
head and the smooth edged line seams worse than the star shaped stuff from
BigW.
Buy thicker line (than recomended from BigDub and shave down the lead in so
that you can wind it onto the spool.
Don't put too much on the spool, a loosely wound half is about right, you
are better off with half the amount that you can use than a heap that gets
bound up and breaks.

Next time I save the money and buy a cheapie from BigW.

Cheers
WoW

"Sandgroper" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me what (my husband's) doing wrong with his Husqvana
whipper
snipper. The line is forever breaking. I'm sure he could get more use from
it, but until then, he's doing lawn edges with handshears!!!
Appreciate any advice.