Old 07-05-2006, 01:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Tom Gardner

Default Frog Population Regeneration

Jupiter wrote in
:

On my return indoors I found a frog sitting on the
kitchen floor. This fellow had surmounted a high threshold into my
brewery/bakery and then negotiated a step into the kitchen.

Pah, that's nothing ;}

My front door is 4 steps up from the concrete driveway,
and is about 20' from any greenery. Twice I've come
home at about 9pm and jumped out of my skin when a frog
jumped off the floor onto the drive.

And I'm sure they'll go much futhur across concrete.

OTOH this year the frogspawn in my pond arrived
a bit early, and a few weeks later "suddenly"
turned into empty sacs. Any idea what might have
caused this? I presume they were eaten, but just
maybe it is something to do with the pond
containing a lot of algae at that time.