Old 07-05-2006, 06:49 PM posted to rec.ponds
Sean Kerns

Default Treating Body Fungus

I have a female goldfish that I believe was injured during spawning, and has
devloped greyish fungus on her wounds. Other symptoms include some black
edges on some scales and ripped up fins and tail.
I have her separated and am treating with a combination of kanacyn abd
maracyn.
She's in very bad shape. I don't know if she'll make it; but of course, I
will try to save her.

Anything else I could be doing for her? The dosage instructions for the
kanacyn say to treat for 3 days; but I'm thinking I'll keep treating if
she's still alive and the fungus hasn't gone away.
She's not eating at all, and is having trouble navigating; but is breathing.

Any ideas at all are appreciated.

Thanks,

Sean