Old 07-05-2006, 04:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
BoyPete

Default Pond & young children.

kenty wrote:
I want to create a wildlife pond like in the link below
http://www.rspb.org.uk/Images/2000_1...tcm3-23191.jpg

I am put off because i have a 5 & 3 year old.They would also love a
shallow wildlife pond,i dont think a shallow pond with long pebbled
beaches would trouble them.I know kids can drown in inches of water.
i know you also need a deeper centre ,i was going to go 18 inch
deepest.Should i wait till they are older , i could erect a cheap
fence around the pond.My daughters school has done this,but they have
more space.I am trying to talk myself into doing the pond ,but dont
want to be constantly worried for them everytime they pop into the
garden.Have any of you combined pond & kids or is this a leathal
combination best left alone until the kids have grown up.What is a
safe age ? Thanks Keith

Personally, I wouldn't consider a pond until children are much older.
--
ßôyþëtë