Old 07-05-2006, 09:26 PM posted to rec.ponds
nobody

Default small pond - advice

I'm going to put in a small 60 gal. water garden in front of my deck. I
have a preformed shell and a pump/filter/waterfall kit that the manufacture
says can handle up to a 350 gal. pond. I may have the weir empty in to
water course/stream that will run approx. 7' down a gradual slope to the
pond, or I may simply have it empty directly into the pond. It will get a
lot of sun, at least 6 hours a day I know it can be difficult to establish
a good self-sustaining ecosystem with such a small pond. Any general
advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Newbie in PA.