Old 08-05-2006, 03:45 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Jerry

Default Patio Grade and Lawn Grade

We are going to put in a patio in the back yard using pavers. One thing
we're stuck on is the grade. The patio should be 1/4 inch per foot and
right now the lawn is about 1/2 inch per foot. The patio will probably
end up being about 16 X 19 feet which will result in the patio being
about 4 inches higher than the lawn at the end.

How would we do this? Do we use some sort of retaining wall blocks or
some kind of edging? Would it be easier for us to bring in some soil to
bring the lawn up to the height of the patio? Is 1/2 inch grade too
much or is it not much different than a 1/4 inch grade?

Thanks,

--
Jerry