Old 08-05-2006, 08:42 AM posted to uk.misc,uk.rec.gardening,uk.rec.walking,alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
Bill

Default Alternative to dubbin for waterproofing boots? [OT]

It's wet weather again!

Normally I use dubbin to waterproof my leather boots. But dubbin leaves
a sticky gunky layer and it takes days to be fully absorbed.

Are there any modern, nicer-to-use compounds than dubbin which I can put
on boot leather that will PROPERLY waterproof them?

The boots are for general/leisure use.

Thanks.
Bill

PS - I don't mean anything like a Scotchguard Protector spray because
that seems to provide only a low level of waterproofing.