Old 08-05-2006, 08:53 AM posted to uk.misc,uk.rec.gardening,uk.rec.walking,alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
Lazarus Cooke

Default Alternative to dubbin for waterproofing boots? [OT]

In article , Bill
wrote:

It's wet weather again!

Normally I use dubbin to waterproof my leather boots. But dubbin leaves
a sticky gunky layer and it takes days to be fully absorbed.

Are there any modern, nicer-to-use compounds than dubbin which I can put
on boot leather that will PROPERLY waterproof them?

Yes. It's based on beeswax & is called Sno-Seal. Get if from an outdoor
shop. If they don't have it go to another shop. My cousin Alice uses it
on her chaps and boots when herding cattle in Wyoming and (her present
job) tracking cougars through the snow in the Rockies in Colorado.

Lazarus Cooke