Old 08-05-2006, 12:29 PM posted to rec.gardens
Emery Davis

Default Grapevine pruned too late?

On Sun, 7 May 2006 20:59:51 +0000
Bagman wrote:

Hello

My first post! I need advice quick please.

We have a large grapevine and although we pruned it early in the year,
today we took off a branch that was in the way. Problem is, the cut is
dripping sap (one drip every other second or so). Do we need to stop
this in some way? Will it harm the grapevine?

Your thoughts warmly welcomed.

If you really want to stop the drips, you can use a red-hot poker to
cauterize the ends. (I actually tried this, having found it in some book
or other. Works fine.) However, I agree it will probably stop dripping
with no harm to the plant. Still, when else to you get to play with
a red-hot poker?

-E

--
Emery Davis