Old 15-03-2003, 11:20 PM
John Savage

Default Cucumber Problem (Sydney)

(Michelle) writes:
I have grown three lebanese cucumber plants from seed. They did
fabulously and flowered well. Now that the cucumbers have actually
started developing, the plants are going yellow, the cucumbers are
shrivelling and the whole thing is generally looking sick! Can anyone
provide advice as to what happened to such a promising yield???

Hard to say. Wouldn't have become water logged during the wet weather?
Does it find that it's now spending a lot of the day in the shade, as the
sun starts to go north? More likely than these, though, is that the older
leaves gradually succumbed to mildew during the damp humid weather we have
had between the showery days lately.
--
John Savage (newsgroup email invalid; keep news replies in newsgroup)