Old 08-05-2006, 02:13 PM posted to uk.misc,uk.rec.gardening,uk.rec.walking,alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
Jim Ford

Default Alternative to dubbin for waterproofing boots? [OT]

Peter Clinch wrote:

And? Nikwax is a wax. And a rather more benign one to apply than
dubbin IME.

And just as ineffective IME (we've been all through this before, Peter)!

I've rubbed several tins of Nikwax into my boots by now. Each time I get
them warm enough to absorb the wax until the boots are dark - and each
time I go out they're soaked through after a few hundred yards of
brushing against wet heather. I don't know what happens to the tins of
Nikwax - it can't have soaked in otherwise the boots would be oozing in
it by now!

Jim Ford