Old 08-05-2006, 05:08 PM posted to rec.gardens
Dawn

Default please help ID this plant

Doug Kanter wrote:

www.reddawn.net/temp/growth.jpg

Dawn

Dawn! Congratulations - break out the cigars. You are the proud parent of
lots of baby glads. They sometimes survive the winter. Not only is this a
sign of good luck, but it's also a clue to the location of a mini-climate in
your yard where you might get away with planting other things that
theoretically aren't supposed to survive the winter. Were these near the
house foundation or big stones?

Great! Yes, I planted them on the west side of the garage last year,
several inches deeper than suggested, in the hopes they would survive. I
love glads, but it's supposed to be too cold for them here. It also
helped that we had an extremely mild winter.

Thanks Doug!

Dawn