Old 08-05-2006, 06:06 PM posted to rec.gardens
Doug Kanter

Default please help ID this plant

"Dawn" wrote in message
Doug Kanter wrote:

That's exactly the kind of spot where mine usually survive. Good luck
keeping the colors sorted out. My gladiola area ended up looking like
clown pants.

Will the babies be the same color as the parent plant? Sorry if that
sounds like a stupid question. I've never had glads spawn before. The
bulbs I bought are a random mix, and I have no idea what colors I got. I
was trying to inject color into a very drab yard. I just hope I didn't
kill too many of them by digging in them.

Dawn

Yes, they'll be the same color. They split off from the larger bulbs, which
is an example of vegetative reproduction. (George Bush's kids are another
example). There's no funny business going on with the chromosomes.