Old 08-05-2006, 03:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,england.rec.gardening,rec.gardens.edible
Jasbird

Default Growmore - how much per plant?

On Mon, 8 May 2006 13:56:29 +0100, "michael adams"
wrote:

"Jasbird" wrote in message
.. .
What is the conversion rate from growmore to plant matter?

Yes, I already know that there is no such thing as that but ..., in an
ideal situation for each gram on growmore how much plant matter will be
produced?

Over 90% of the weight of most fruit and vegetables consists
of water. 94% in the case of tomatos,and much other fruit.

http://www.beyondveg.com/tu-j-l/raw-...ooked-2f.shtml

The purpose of the major NPK elements, nitrogen, phosporus and
potassium is simply to allow the plants to develop to their full
potential, which in reality means developing more and larger
cells to hold more water.

snip ...

Thanks that is a good enough answer for me. I shall probably use less
growmore in future. I've noticed that it seems to have no effect at all
on the plants in my back garden (which has very rich soil).