Old 08-05-2006, 03:19 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Newsgroup

Default Dog doodoo as lawn fertilizer?

Don't sweat the small stuff. Yes, almost any animal poop is fertilizer. I
had a small front yard for my two small dogs. Cleaning up was throwing it
in the flower patch. The yard and flowers were the best on the block. Yes,
do NOT put it in a vegetable garden due to disease.

"willshak" wrote in message
I would even think it is, but this is not a troll message.

I have an adult female Golden Retriever that does her business in our back
yard. I usually go out and clear the minefield once or twice a week, just
before mowing, so the dog s**t may stay on the lawn for a few days.
The s**t, if left there, burns the lawn for about an inch all around the
s**t, but after removal, the grass around the burnt area grows more
rapidly and is a darker green than the rest of the lawn. The areas look
like volcanic craters. The Golden eats only dry dog food.
So it seems that too much dog s**t is bad, but a little is good. Has
anyone ever tried to use a dog s**t formula as a lawn fertilizer?

See pics over in alt.binaries.pictures.garden

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY