Old 15-03-2003, 11:56 PM
Buzzy

Default Garden Seeds!

Hi All,
As a lurker, I'm entitled to ask one question once in a blue moon (I
hope!). Here's the question:

I have been growing my own bedding plants rather successfully for the past
two growing seasons but I have noticed something that irks me a bit. I have
collected my own seed from my plants and have used it to start seedlings for
the next year, but from a rather generous collection of marigold seeds, I
have had a total of three plants grow from two trays, with three seeds
planted in each cell and a total of 48 cells for each tray. So I go to the
Canadian Tire (exclusive for us Canucks ya know!) and pick up three paks of
marigold seed and put two in each cell and almost all appear! Am I missing
something here when I collect the seeds? I have had this happen with coleus
too but most of the others I gather such as snapdragon, are fine. I was
going to take a deep tray with some growing medium next year and 'carpet
bomb' the thing with seed and transplant what comes up!
Just wondering!

Buzzy

--
== Buzzy's Stall Wall ==