Old 08-05-2006, 10:17 PM
zero zero is offline
Registered User

Angry Aaaaarrrrrrggggggggghhhhhh!!!!!

Judging by the sods and tufts of dried grass littering my back garden last year Last year, anyone could have been forgiven for thinking that i had been making haystacks. It was, i was advised, as a result of marauding magpies in search of `leatherjackets`that were feasting on the grass roots causing it to die and thereby signalling their presence to the birds. I subsequently treated the lawn with `Nemasy's Nematodes` being very mindful to apply them in the correct ratios. I was therefore horrified to see , just yesterday,that the birds have started to dig again. It was my intention to have the garden dug over this summer and lay a new `instant` lawn but now i don't know what to do . Anyone out there with any ideas on the matter.