Old 09-05-2006, 08:47 AM posted to aus.gardens
Linda H

Default Cape Weed

godwin wrote:

The most
economic fertilizer i believe to be 'meat meal' this is blood 'n bone
that's used for feeding stock. it's usually cheaper to buy than when
it's labelled Blood 'n bone.

It contains all the main nutrients and has a prolonged effect. If I was
planting a major woody perrenial i'd make yp a mix in a bucket of eight
parts meat meal, two parts chicken manure, and one part urea. mix that
up and dig a hole at least twice as deep as the pot you're plant is in.

Oh and Godwin? When you say a "part" how much do you reckon is one
part, a handful? (Let's just say I was going to plant something like
um... a lemon tree, for example.) And would you get meat meal at a
stock feed supplies place?

L.