Old 09-05-2006, 02:24 PM posted to rec.gardens
JMagerl

Default Need help with propagating NG impatiens...read inside

I buy a seed flat with a dome and use vermiculite. Also use Dip-n-gro as a
rooting agent. The most common problem I get is mold. Keep out of direct
sun. Misting might help with the mold.

Sometimes I will also cut the bottom off of a 2 liter Soda bottle and use it
as a greenhouse. It friction fits nicely into a 5 inch pot.

My question is why have the varigated varieties disappeared. THis is the 5th
year in a row that I have been unable to buy a variagated NG impatiens (NW
burbs of Chicago)

"Kay Lancaster" wrote in message
On 08 May 2006 16:03:58 GMT, wrote:
Can someone give me some pointers on how to take cuttings of

new guinea impatiens?

Try 4"; strip all leaves from bottom 3", set in plain sand, use mist.