Old 09-05-2006, 03:44 PM posted to rec.gardens
BrittonV

Default Hurricane Hedge Recommendations

I am looking for recommendations on a Hedge.

I have recently acquired a generator for my home in South Florida for
backup power after a hurricane. I need to put a hedge around it and it
only makes sense to surround it with a hedge that can stand up to a
hurricane. I have found many resources that tell you that a hedge
offers great protection. But not what plant is better then another.
During last years hurricanes I lost a hedge, while others faired just
fine. So I have to assume that not all are created equal and would
like to know what is 'best'

I can't find a resource on hedges and wind tolerance/resistance. If
anyone knows of such a published resource, I'd be very grateful if you
could forward me that information.

Otherwise anyone's recommendations, or better yet past experiences
would be very helpful!

Sincerely,
Vince