Old 09-05-2006, 04:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
|||newspam|||@nezumi.demon.co.uk

Default whats this weed?

Sue wrote:
Is it a teasel?

Looks like a teasel to me. They get very big and make a fine
architectural plant in the right place. Somewhat spiky and good for
autumnal cut flower arrangers. Prolific seeders beware.

I'd grub that one out ASAP (careful with the irritant euphorbia sap)

Chances are it is tough as old boots if you want to move it. They self
seed rather well if given half a chance - wild bird like the prolific
seed heads.

Regards,
Martin Brown

"La Puce" wrote in message
ups.com...

John Taverner wrote:
growing rapidly amongst euphorbia fireglow....
?thistle
http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/bar...cd.jpg&.src=ph

Yep. I keep mine when they settle not too near other plants naturally
)