Old 10-05-2006, 01:29 AM posted to rec.gardens
I Love Lucy

Default Plants that like coffee?

"Ms Libertarian" wrote in message
. 97.142...
I've heard that some plants like cold coffee along with their
water. A few years ago I saw a huge indoor plant ( elephant ears? )
in a coffee shop, growing all over the ceiling. It had 3/8" vines
that were 15 feet long. They had the vines suspended by paper clips
from the ceiling tiles.

I asked what the secret was and they said they didn't know, they
just fed it the cold leftover coffee.

So what plants would do well with coffee? Ones that like acidic
environments?

Roses maybe?

Is there a list anywhere?

--
Ms. Libertarian - United States of America

When I was young, my mother sent me out to dump the coffee grounds on
the ground surrounding the roses. I use both loose tea and tea bags (no
coffee) and have been dumping a little of that on a huge potted rose.
So I was wondering the same thing.

I googled and found this, haven't had time to read it all yet, and don't
know if there are plants you should avoid with such treatment.

http://www.sustainableenterprises.co...coffeefert.htm