Old 10-05-2006, 02:33 AM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

Default Too late to separate the Lilies?

"Bill Stock" wrote in message
I'm in Zone 5a and I'm getting ready to start up the pond. I had planned
to separate the Lilies this year, but I'm afraid it may be a bit late. The
one plant already has about 8 reddish leaves about the size of a small
saucer. Can I still do it or should I wait?

===========================
I'm sure I'll be verbally attacked and insulted by "Snooze" for replying to
you, but it's NOT too late to separate them. I'm in zone 6 and we're
separating them here now. We start around the time new growth starts. But
they separate fine even once growth is started. All have at least a few
leaves on the surface, and some, in the full sun, out in the open pond, are
already in full bloom. My white lilies are very advanced this year for some
reason. The yellows are usually the first to bloom.
--
Koi-Lo....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Get FREE newsgroup access from http://www.cheap56k.com