Old 10-05-2006, 12:10 AM posted to aus.gardens
Linda H

Default Brunfelsia - neurotoxin

Linda H wrote:

BUT... that's not the weed I've been calling Cape Weed (which is the
name the neigbours told me it was.) It's not! The weed that is our
particular problem comes up with a pretty little pale butter coloured
flower that attracts tons of those similar coloured butterflies. I'll
search for weed images and see if I can find the name of it.

Damn, I found a great website that you can click on your zone with many
pics of weeds known to that area ( www.weeds.org.au ) but still I can't
identify the weed I thought was Cape. Grrr.

The closest I can see to resemble it is something like Saggitaria or
Parthenium but it's not those. I would take a photo but there's none
"up" at the moment coz we've mowed all the tops off.

I'll keep searching.

L.