Old 10-05-2006, 01:32 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Scary chicken foot looking.

What in the world is this, found it yesterday growing in our row of
bamboo, sort of looks like a chicken foot (bright red) and hate to say
it but smells like rotten meat. On a distance we thought that our cat
had burried a chicken, where he would have gotten hold of one would be
another mystery since we're living in Baltimore city, I hope that
somebody have an idea of what this is (fungus, maybe) and if it's bad
for the plants. Thanks guys.
(I have a picture, but I don't know how to insert it)