Old 10-05-2006, 01:50 PM posted to rec.gardens
I Love Lucy

Default Orange Peel? ( was Plants that like coffee?

"Ms Libertarian" wrote in message
. 97.142...
By the way, what about orange peel for the garden? I eat about 4
small navels a day and it seems wasteful just throwing the peels
out like that.

Cut 'em up and throw them out by a tree or behind some plants. I don't
know about more tender/special plants. Sure doesn't seem to hurt the
grass or trees. The reason I say to cut them up is they decompose
faster. Throwing large chunks of garbage one's yard might not please
the neighbors. Come to think of it, I did lose the cherry tree I dumped
the watermelon rinds at the base of, but it was getting to its end
point, I think, anyway. The second one hasn't leafed out this year,
it's gone, and I don't remember throwing anything around that one.

--
Ms. Libertarian - United States of America