Old 10-05-2006, 02:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
the_constructor

Default How do I protect a hedge from the local kids?

"Mike Lyle" wrote in message
oups.com...

someone here wrote:
"Scotty22" wrote in message

Grow some bramble bushes inside the bush your trying to protect, and
enjoy the benefits of rasberries/blackberries and protection for your
bush. Just keep in under control

But be aware that if anyone hurts themselves on your bramble,
you could be held liable for their injuries.

The sad state of Nanny Blairs England

You may find that legal actions for personal injury go back a little
further than New Labour: the Code of the celebrated Iraqi Hammurabi
comes to mind, and that was nearly four thousand years ago.

--
Mike.

Where I live, we have Speight's of hedge hoppers (kids) and the local Police
advised everyone at the local Residents Association meeting to plant very
prickly bushes in their gardens. This way, if anyone injures themselves then
it is their own faults, they should not have been there, and it is not
against the law to plant these types of bushes. They also said that they
would take no action if the kids complained.
--
the_constructor.